Oct 1, 2008

||||| you can fill in the name for it....

A poem by my dear friend : Thnks Smriti for alowing to put it on the blog
Well just seems so fitting to my life too right nw


Perceptions and expectations,

Are a part of all relations.

Fulfilling one upholds the other,
Formation of one might never lead to the other!

But keeping up both is a mighty task,
What helps to maintain both is a social mask.

Sometimes the mask gets bigger than the person and the relation,
When perception becomes reality and expectations lead to exasperation!

It tires me to know my kin believes the perception,
But how to convey to them that the truth is not a deception.

Times have changed my ways but not me
I constantly feel I am against my family in a melee!

Till when will it last, who can tell?
I wish I could turn it around with a magical spell.

The burden of expectations is just too heavy,
Which cannot be distributed even in a bevy.

I want to fulfill expectations,
I want the others to have the right perception.

But a social mask I do not have and hold,
To pretend and play and deliberately mould.

Strength and patience is all I need,
Cause perceptions and expectations won't change indeed!

1 comments:

Tamarind said...

I must say your friend writes really well!! heheheh