Mar 17, 2009

When tomorrow comes


I think procrastination is a disease. Or if not chronic then at least a viral infection which stays with you  till some other overwhelming force overtakes it. Remember those times when you have thought…we can do this filing tomorrow, or let’s do the paper work tomorrow, math practice postponed till tomorrow.
Like tomorrow some fairy will come down on earth and will swing her magic wand. Or will tweak her nose and bewitch the world. Like the homework will be done by itself, Car will be on auto driver, weather would always be pleasant with snowflakes pouring down in the desert.
But alas in real life you don’t fly on carpets. You still have to take the roads or what are remains of it. So like when I say I will write the SOP tomorrow. Nothing changes its still me hitting my head with the project. There won’t be any magic wand to complete a fancy Business process reengineering for me.
But I will still put it off for tomorrow.
May be tomorrow I would be well slept, more caffeinated, more motivated in work even if I am not then still its tomorrow.

5 comments:

rekhs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rekhs said...

Procrastination!!Tell Me bout it.I have been hit by annual budgeting frm past 3 days nw,nd i'm tearing my hair apart in trying to pull off a years work in 3 days.I always thought dat i fell in dis category.nd to be honest i luv every min of procrastinating even if d aftermath is horrifying :)

workhard said...

I think 99% of the people are in the procrastination club..And my fairy hasnt arrived yet...

Haiku Poems

Avada_Kedavra said...

hey I came across ur blog and liked it..Liked many of ur posts.. Keep blogging!

Ashwin said...

@ aveda..wlcme..hope to c u arnd more often :)