Jun 22, 2009

In pursuit of Happyness


Almost everybody has seen the movie wherein Will Smith fights abject poverty raises his son with etiquette and shows tremendous hunger to survive and succeed.
Last night I watched it umpteenth time at umpteenth re-run. Of course like everybody else I like the movie. Like pseudo intellectuals I have a condition. While watching movie I can’t keep my brain in hibernation and for the same reason I do not like genre of mindless comedies. So while watching the In pursuit of happiness I wonder certain aspects where movie blends with the viewer and force him to empathize. It suddenly struck me that the hunger to succeed or that single minded devotion seems to have vanished on the way.
I left thinking about the instances in my life when I really really wanted certain things to happen. I keep cribbing about lack of passion but suddenly it seems like lack of purpose too. It’s not really question like why I am here and what is the reason of my existence on the planet types, But enlisting those moments where I used to think about a particular thing for 24x7 or where my effort stayed focused.
I can enlist few of those who want a deeper dig into my life. Will appreciate if people can add their own

  1. Woeful diet control and learning to inject self when was diagnosed with Type I diabetes and everything around collapsed
  2. Making into school soccer team, when they said I am too frail for football and I raised my stamina to a level I could run for more than 100minutes without stop.
  3. Std.12th results, with stupid comment turning into a stupid bet and a stupid rivalry
  4. Giving CAT, continued studying unabashed despite lots was happening around
  5. Writing GMAT and scoring well by getting up at 3 am and writing mock tests.
  6. Surviving in Russia without food and language doing a project

Unfortunately my list is awfully small. These things might not be great things but it involves a time where I gave away everything to make it work. Great life may just be a misnomer but the lack of purpose is what I am after now.

4 comments:

Vishal Shah said...

Very emotional dear... u have become kind of psycologist in your current blog trying to interpret yourself and your life... i am sure there will be many similar cases in different circumstances in everybody's life..

Unknown said...

hey dude,
u are a fighter and just love that in you...
keep up...things which cannot be changed should be managed...
:)
regards,
j.

Ashwin said...

Thanks Javed
i need the appreciation in these diff times.all we try is to come out good after such litmus tests.

Unknown said...

quite a composition with real life scenarios....... we have witnessed with u here and there thts the spirit i ll acknowledge and appreciate........
kudos !!