Jun 13, 2009

A story of missing slippers

Once upon a time, after 5 days being confined to the 2BHK nursing my injured toe (why and how ...read the hapless story below) I got an opportunity to go to south Bombay. Which in those circumstances was very exciting. More so there was a car (we call it Sax-O-4) in which I can comfortable rest my ass on the back seat and can get driven like a king. So I opened the door and ventured inside in all regality.

10 minutes onto that auspicious ride I discovered that there’s only 1 slipper in the car. which if translated means that I happen to drop my right leg slipper while entering the car and I did not even realized it.

I repeat. Forgot the bloddy chappal while entering the CAR. Ever heard such a story. Ask me I have lived it.

My ever-helpful friends refused to turn back and took me to an urbane footwear store in Colaba, good 30 km from where the slipper was last seen.

PS: we did happen to come back from the same route (obviously coz I had forgotten it in my colony and I wouldn’t let go my house in embarrassment of losing a slipper like dt.) and my slipper dearest was lying all-alone there unattended after 8 hours.

Some things are just meant to be part of your life. They will wait for you even if you have been wandering in search of better slippers.


0 comments: