Dec 1, 2008

Mumbai Spirit…..yeah rite!!!

60 hours of high Octane action thriller with the bloodshed which can put Quentin Tarentino to shame? But how I wish it to be just a movie where I would have appreciated American visual effects and gadgetry, SWAT commandos and Navy seals. But unfortunately it was the real blood of my brethren. The images filled with gory incident and political hollow speak makes me angry, dazed and embarrassed at the same time.


Sometimes I feel that the whole India should be termed as Heritage site. Not just we have Old forts and ruins but also prehistoric policies, self sustaining Infrastructure and really antique Politicians as artifacts.


I was really angry when I started to write the post, but it’s easy to be angry and curse but irony here is nobody will listen. I mean we are so foolhardily proud that it’s downright stupid. We don’t want help Israel`s Help nor FBI `s help..Why just coz we are the second most populated country in the world and can afford to let some 1000 people die in last 6 months.


So what is our defense? Commandos being commuted in BEST buses. Helicopters arriving after 14 hours of the incident. I am not saying pull all the politicians in a line and shoot them. Coz that is easy to say. I know people crying we won’t tolerate it and Let India Not be scarred again and again. But why is public memory in India so short? I want the Burnt TAJ to be there for a while to remind me this is my country. I want those horrific photos to be framed and put at all train stations to keep reminding that among those dead could have been anybody.


Mumbai Spirit. Called once again for the rescue. I just fear for the day when it will just get tired and refuse to come. Sensibilities are stretched and personal loss of land and lives is higher magnitude than anything it has borne before.


We are like this only” it’s not just a famous book but Indians favorite tag line. But I guess it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy where sometimes we take ignorance is bliss far too seriously. So the Mumbai will fight back..like Ahmadabad did, Like Jaipur did then why can’t we have only these spirits as security in charge why waste money on paying petty salaries to security personnel who will at the end of the day will save Mayawati from here Dalit followers rather than the country from the terrorist Attacks. Or why waste tax payer`s money on Intelligence Agencies which end up spying for One political party on another. I mean the average IQ of an Indian is high and average IQ of the Politician is low so who needs Intelligence Agencies rite?


I appreciate the news channels pledge to not to let people forget. I know making news is there bread and butter and may be the programming is filled with vested interests but even unintentionally they are doing a big help to the country. We proved in the case of Jessica Lal and we can prove again if required this bottoms up approach to democracy can be more rewarding on long run. Suddenly Politicians boycotting media and media happy to oblige. I don’t know if this is good or bad for the country but definitely a pleasant change from watching elected clowns making callous statements

0 comments: